Unifying kernel version checks in libc.preinst

I want to unify all the kernel version checks in the preinst.  Right
now, we occasionally provide the end user some information about why the
version bump was needed.

My thought is a couple more substitutions when generating the file.  The
first is the take the MIN_KERNEL_SUPPORTED that we already have, and
then offer a MIN_KERNEL_EXPLANATION variable which can be used to put a
blurb of text in.

One question I have re: the explanation is, do we really care?  It means
that it's yet another place where more writing needs to happen, and it
seems that people would usually just consult the changelog.  It's not
like it's optional either way.

This is all because 223769 would add yet another kernel version test,
and I'd like to stop the insanity.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey

--
In the United States, there isn't a government database that hasn't been
misused by the very people entrusted with keeping its information safe.