Re: 2.3.2-1

> A lot of people use ix86.  It's majority.  It may be radical
> statement, but I think ix86 user's priority is higher than minor
> architecture breakage.  Many users don't know except for ix86 :-)

this is not a democracy :) if we are going to go the route of "x86 is
95% of the users, so let's treat x86 special", then we might as well
drop support for all the other architectures.

> BTW, what is the status for hppa?  If it's not so much, I would like
> to help you, AFAIC.

Carlos will have a better overall view of what's needed for glibc. I've
looked at the nptl part of it a bit. There is work needed for binutils,
gcc and glibc. I will be discussing this more with Carlos and Dave (our
gcc/binutils upstream maintainer) during gcc-summit at the end of this
month.

There is a preliminary design for NPTL for hppa. The first step to get
this to work is for us to agree on a workable design for implementing
this. I hope to get that done by the end of the month.

randolph
--
Randolph Chung
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, hppa/ia64 ports