Re: Woody libc6 and mktime()

At Mon, 31 Mar 2003 15:31:59 +0000,
Will Newton wrote:
> In the glibc CVS on the glibc-2-2-branch branch, there is a change to mktime()
> that returns -1 for any date before the epoch. The libc6 package in woody
> does not contain this patch. Is this intentional?

I don't know this problem well, but woody's glibc is not the latest
glibc-2-2-branch.  It was freezed/released for a long ago.  So a lot
of modifications are missing.

> Will this patch be applied
> at some point in the future, or can I guarantee this behaviour for the life
> of woody?

We have no plan to apply this patch, so this behavior may be appeared
until you upgrade your libc6 that is existed in sarge/sid.

Regards,
-- gotom