Re: [installer@ftp-master.debian.org: prelink_0.0.20021213-1_i386.changes is NEW]

On Thu, 2003-01-02 at 14:01, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> How can it be fixed? Do you mean that the library needs to be explicitly
> linked against other libraries?

Yes.  For example, if you use functions from libXpm, you need to link
with -lXpm rather than just assuming it will be dragged in by some other
dependency.

>  >It'd be worth filing bugs for binaries with that problem, but only at
>  >normal or minor severity.
> The problem is that these libraries cannot be prelinked... Being most of
> them gnome libraries, this means that no gnome program will benefit from
> prelinking.

Ah, I wasn't aware that this would actually inhibit prelinking.  If it
does block prelinking for a large class of programs, maybe it would be
appropriate to use severity: important.

p.