Re: When are upstream CVS updates pulled?

On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 06:47:34PM -0500, Art Haas wrote:
> Hi.
>
> As a curious user I'm wondering when the next upstream CVS pull will be
> made. In a larger sense, just when or how is the decision to do
> this made? There have been lots of patches applied to upstream glibc
> since the middle of July, and some of those have been pulled into
> Debian's libc6 package. Is upstream to unstable right now, or is the
> plan to pull only key bug fixes from upstream into the package? Are
> other factors at play, like a platform specific issue?

Literally, whenever it's convenient.  When we're trying to push a new
glibc into stable, which we have for two months now, we try to avoid
CVS pulls.

The upstream tree is _never_ stable, across all Debian architectures.
Everyone using glibc appears to use the same pull/stabilize cycle.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz