Re: libc6-sun4m

Hello,

} On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 01:01:34PM +0900, GOTO Masanori wrote:
} > Ben, you decided to drop sun4m from the latest libc6 because of its
} > multiplicative performance.  Is it hard to support sun4m with sparc32
} > libc6?

Quote from Ben Collins:
} GOTO, sun4m is already supported by Debian's standard debian-sparc
} packages.

} What this guy wants is a v8 optimized package, which is already in the
} works. We have to test and finalize the -opt packages for libc6. I'm
} already taking care of all of this, so please just leave the sparc stuff
} over here :)

Well ... I'm not really after v8 optimization, although it is
nice to know that it's already in the works. ;-)

What I mean is this issue:

Program received signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction.
0x50088b18 in __strtod_internal () from /lib/libc.so.6

was facing the same fate of obsoletion as i386+ in Debian. So what
you're saying is that there is yet hope for sun4m?

And to my immediate problem:

Have I installed the wrong package? Or is it fixed in 2.3.2-newer?
(I've been afraid to update packages for a while since then
 fearing that more packages might break ....)

--
	Aleksi Suhonen

	() Ascii Ribbon Campaign
	/\ Support plain text e-mail