This problem can be solved from within gcc

reassign 194339 gcc-3.3
retitle 194339 __thread problem with woody backports of gcc 3.3
thanks

I had to solve the same problem in my backport of gcc 3.3 to woody [1].

There are no changes to the glibc packages in woody needed, gcc already
includes a fix. The problem is that the build of the Debian gcc 3.3
pacakges doesn't include the fixed pthread.h .

I suggest one of the following solutions:
- include the fixed pthread.h in debian/rules.d/binary-gcc.mk if it
  was generated (similar to asm/bits/gnu/linux) or
- set a build depency on libc*-dev >= 2.3 to give backporters a strong
  hint that caution is needed

cu
Adrian

[1] http://www.fs.tum.de/~bunk/packages/