Re: Success with libc6_2.3.2-1

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 01:11:25AM +0900, GOTO Masanori wrote:

> > Everything seems to be just humming along, so I'm guessing this
> > inconsistency is not a major problem ...
> >
> > My thanks to all the developers working on Debian.

Hi again.

I stumbled across a second problem with the libc-2.3.2 release. There is
a problem compiling C++ code due to a difference in prototypes in
/usr/include/stdio.h and /usr/include/bits/stdio.h. The fix is in the
glibc CVS repo ...

2003-05-09  Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@suse.de>

	* libio/bits/stdio.h: Sync prototypes with libio/stdio.h
	(remove __THROW from possible cancellation points).

... but this fix was applied after the pull from glibc CVS to make the
Debian release. Possibly this has been fixed already in the final 2.3.2
libc release. If not, please look at pulling this patch into the
official libc6-2.3.2 release as soon as possible.

This problem turned up when trying to compile KDE and it failed the
configuration script tests. The test was looking at STL behavior.

Other than this snag, which was quickly fixed by copying the glibc CVS
file into my /usr/include/bits directory, the libc6 release has been
working without problems for the last couple of days. Nice ... :-)

Art Haas
--
To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we
are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic