Re: 2.3.2-1

GOTO Masanori <gotom@debian.or.jp> writes:

> Sometimes "release sarge" is not the first target for all
> users/developers.

Yes, that's already been well demonstrated by how long glibc held up
all of testing last time; I'm asking you to not do that again.

>   - Please tell me how to test it on _all_ architectures.

You upload it to experimental and then you ask porters to build & test
it.  I never suggested you personally had to test it.

>   - There is no mips/mipsel public machine.

AFAIK, there are accounts available on the re*.rfc822.org machines on
request.  Talk to Florian or Ryan.

>> (e.g. Why not upload 2.3.2-1 to experimental?)
>
> Well, this seems an idea, but still many bugs are remained in BTS.
> Debian glibc stores up many bugs.

So what?  As long as they're known to be fixed by 2.3.2, what's the
big deal?  Stalling all of sarge for the sake of closing a bunch of
bugs in one package seems like a stunningly pyrrhic victory to me.

--
James