Re: 2.3.2-1

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 12:12:25AM +0900, GOTO Masanori wrote:
>  - What is the status or direction to use o32/n32/n64?
What do you mean exactly? O32 is the current abi. I wasn't able to build
a "triple ABI" glibc yet. I intend to look into it once I have more time
but don't hold your breath.

>  - Will o32 be dropped, or three ABIs are coexistence at the same time?
If we'd do that we'd have to drop support for all 32bit CPUs (like the
R3k) which I think would be a bad idea.

>  - If 3 ABIs are mixed, what is happened?
When everything works right we can run n32/n64/o32 binaries on the same
system. The base system stays o32 but we could provide enhanced n32
binaries/libararies for things that use the fpu a lot (or that need a
larger GOT). n64 would be handeld as on sparc.
Regards,
 -- Guido