glibc 2.3.2-1 in Sarge?

   I am wondering if other arches have noticed as many thread
related issues with the recent glibc 2.3.1 debian packages in
sid as we have on ppc? In particular, if one uses a blackdown
jdk 1.3.1 built against gcc 3.2 with recent glibc 2.3.1 packages
(-16 at least), a gcc-3.2 built mozilla would be unable to
load java applets and then crash on the next web page loaded.
Likewise Jan-Hendrik Palic has had trouble running OpenOffice
1.1 beta builds on debian ppc sid unless he used the newer
glibc 2.3.2-1 packages. The same applies to the gcc-3.2 built
jdk javaplugin...while it is unstable under glibc 3.2.1, it works
flawlessly under glibc 2.3.2-1 on ppc sid.

In particular on ppclinux I am thinking of this comment that
Ulrich made here...

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2003-02/msg00164.html

The changes since 2.3.1 are numerous and are no mere bug fixes.
Significant changes all over the place have been made.  The ELF TLS ABI
has been implemented on numerous architectures.  The PPC32 ABI finally
got a thread register and the thread implementation therefore got more
stable and faster.  For more information about the changes consult the
NEWS file and if necessary the ChangeLog.

I believe these changes on ppclinux include more stable threads
with or without TLS if I understand that comment properly. In any
case for ppc users, glibc 2.3.2-1 in Sarge is rather important.
                                    Jack