Re: locale version symmetry problem

Michael Cardenas wrote:
Hello everyone.
I've encountered what I think is a bug in the libc6 build process, but
I want to make sure its a bug before I report it.
When picking up your libc6, I added some of our patches and rebuilt it
with the version 2.3.1-16.lindows1. Upon doing so, locales fails to
install because it depends on glibc-2.3.1-16.lindows1 but the provides
line for libc6 is only glibc-2.3.1-16. I see that in the file
debian/debver2localesdep.pl you remove the version info after the .,
and commenting that code out fixes the problem.

That fixes a problem with binary NMUs, when locale isn't touched.

Gerhard