re: libc.so.6 has static non-PIC code linked in

  I can confirm now that glibc 2.3.2 eliminates the TEXTREL that
shows up in recent (since at least 2.3.1-12?) glibc builds in libc.so.6
on ppc sid. Using the current debian glibc 2.3.1-14 packaging and
patches with the release 2.3.2 tarballs I get a libc.so.6 that
no longer shows a TEXTREL using...

objdump --all-headers ./libc.so.6 | grep TEXTREL

This fix doesn't appear to be related to changes in the devtools
since the same debian ppc sid machine shows a TEXTREL in libc.so.6
when rebuilding the current glibc-2.3.1-14 package.
  Oh, for my glibc-2.3.2 test debian packages I disabled the following
patches because they were merged into upstream...

cvs
glibc23-00-hppa-pthreads
signal-texi
glibc23-ia64-strncpy
glibc23-getdents64-fix
glibc23-getaddrinfo
glibc23-hppa-shmlba
document-fix
glibc23-regcomp
glibc23-malloc-check

The following patches weren't included in my build but need
adjustment for 2.3.2...

glibc23-hppa-Rminkernel
alpha-pic
libgcc-compat-all