Re: locales dependency

At Thu, 27 Feb 2003 00:35:14 +0100,
Matthias Klose wrote:
> Would it be possible to depend on the locales version, which was part
> of the previous package as well?
>
> For the moment it's not possible to install -14 until glibc -14 has
> been built for these architecture. What is wrong having locales -14
> and libc6 -13 installed on the system?

We got this complaint so much for a long time.

Sometimes new format is introduced into localedata, libc6 needs to
depend on the exact same libc6 version or above.

But exactly same version is not needed in most case.  So it may be OK
to change as

	> dpkg -s locales | grep Depends
	Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.1-1) | libc6.1 (>= 2.3.1) | ...

Regards,
-- gotom