Re: load balancing bazaar style

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 12:52:18AM -0800, Hunter Peress wrote:
> The fact that libc has been a bottlenecking-causing hotspot over the last year makes
> me think that some better efforts be taken.
>
> I think that a simple protocol could be put in place whereby there is an effort to
> make the weekly requirements for glibc is made easier for members of the public to
> simply jump right in.
>
> I think there should be a stack type system where a bunch of tasks are popped on by
> the  glibc team, and they can be popped off by anyone.
>
> With some publicity, some of the less interesting, but necessary tasks can get done
> at times by anyone that is capable of coding in c.

Sorry, good thougt, but useless.  Have you looked at the list of things
that were holding glibc back?  None of them could be addressed in this
fashion.  They were all bugs that people didn't know what to do about.

And anyone who wants to help is more than welcome, and quite able.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz