Re: 2.3.1-12

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 06:09:10AM -0800, Jeff Bailey wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 02:28:53PM +0100, Guido Guenther wrote:
> > The GNU FDL issue could be resolved by dropping the info pages for the
> > moment.
> I don't follow Debian-legal.  Is the FDL officially banned from all
> packages?  I didn't see anything in the DWN.

The FDL with invariant sections isn't DFSG-free; ask Branden for a
summary, if you like. The FSF haven't been particularly responsive wrt
queries, and no one's yet gotten serious about chasing them up.

This opinion isn't yet being acted on (for new uploads or removals from
testing, etc) since it affects things like glibc, gcc, and gdb, but it
should be fixed for sarge.

Basically: leave the bug as it is, and work on getting it fixed after
we've got a version of glibc that actually works for everyone; otherwise,
don't worry about it, especially for the time being.

Cheers,
aj

  ``Dear Anthony Towns: [...] Congratulations --
        you are now certified as a Red Hat Certified Engineer!''