Re: Bug handling

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 09:20:39PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
>   * #179781: dcgui: relocation error: /usr/bin/dcgui: undefined symbol: __fixunsdfdi
>   * #180330: libc6, relocation error (dcgui)
>   * #178645: glibc: needs to export __umoddi3 et al. on sparc
> 	These are apparently all be the same problem, so the latter
> 	bug should be merged with the first two; and they seem to be
> 	due to problems in gcc/binutils, so they should probably be
> 	reassigned there.

Okay, due to gcc/binutils yes (they weren't hiding symbols properly),
but it seems to be something that needs to be fixed/worked-around in
glibc anyway. You guys get all the fun.

In particular it seems that all the symbols that've ever been leaked from
gcc-compat need to be exported from glibc. Which means someone needs to do
a scan of woody to work out which symbols these are (Ryan and Guido are
doing this), these symbols need to be added to glibc and -12 needs to be
uploaded, and a lintian test needs to be written to make sure this doesn't
happen again, and to remind people to recompile sooner rather than later.

So, glibc team?

Cheers,
aj

  ``Dear Anthony Towns: [...] Congratulations --
        you are now certified as a Red Hat Certified Engineer!''