Re: cvs commit to glibc-package/debian/patches by gotom

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 05:01:09PM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 04:07:02PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> > > As far as I can tell, it _isn't_ working.
> > >
> > > Right now, on 2.3.1-10, I get:
> > > 		  With /etc/ld.so.nohwcap		Without
> > > LD_LIBRARY_PATH		uses hwcap!			  doesn't
> > > Normal lib dirs		uses hwcap!			  doesn't
> > >
> > > Try it yourself with strace.  If you want to see the libraries searched
> > > be sure to remove /etc/ld.so.cache.
> >
> > That pretty much makes it a definite then :)
> >
> > Please change the logic to correctly use access()?
>
> I still want to figure out how all those VIA C3 users were having
> problems by getting i686 libraries.  Did some version of glibc leave
> /etc/ld.so.nohwcap around?

I believe Alan Cox already explained this. Even with this bug and
nohwcap left around, it would not force the use of libraries, but merely
allow the use of optimized libraries.

Chase that bug someplace else, like betweent he kernel and libc.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/