Re: Minor compile problems with glibc_2.2.5-14.3

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 10:32:03PM +0100, Dietmar Nusch wrote:

> I found two missing build-dependencies in the glibc_2.2.5-14.3 package:
>
> 1) I had to upgrade the patch tool to version 2.5.4-11
> 2) I had to upgrade the autoconf tool to version 2.54-2
>
> The build-dependencies in the .dsc file do not require the patch tool at all,
> and for autoconf there is no specific version required.

> IMHO this should be fixed.

There's nothing in glibc that should require autoconf.

What fails to work with patch? The patch files have been used for quite
a long time and there's nothing in there that should have a hard
dependancy.

I suspect your system is misconfigured somehow.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey