Re: Intent to (N)?MU 2.2.5-14

On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 06:04:04PM -0700, Ryan Murray wrote:
> I plan to (N)?MU 2.2.5-14 with the following changes:
> 	libc{6,6.1} depending on libdb1-compat
> 	include msq.h header for MIPS
> 	fix for alpha stxncpy

> This will close all outstanding release critical bugs in the 2.2
> series, and allow some packages to move to testing again.  If anyone
> has objections on these changes, please shout quickly, as I plan to
> get this uploaded tonight.

I only object to the extent that I don't think everyone who's been
looking at the Alpha patch has agreed that it's right, otherwise I
would've done the upload yesterday.  If everyone agrees, the current
plan is to do it tonight.

> As the glibc team is busy working on the glibc 2.3 transition, I'm
> also offering to look after glibc 2.2 for any release critical
> problems that may come up until we are ready for glibc 2.3.

Should be necessary, but I may take you up on the offer if it's needed
later.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey

--
learning from failures is nice in theory...
but in practice, it sucks :)