Re: Glibc 2.3 pre-releases

On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 08:30:48PM +0200, Richard.Zidlicky@stud.informatik.uni-erlangen.de wrote:

> > This is almost certainly a sign that you have bugs in the linker.
> > I'm not sure we should be putting this kind of patch into glibc.

> correct, it is a workaround for a binutils problem but the binutils
> which trigger it are already long out.  Apparently the problem gets
> triggered only in combination with gcc-3.2 which is why it wasn't
> noticed earlier.

We've got patches like this in our local glibc for ia64 already, so
it's not unheard of.  I just worry about creating ABI baggage that
we'll have to drag around with us.

(I haven't looked at this specific patch yet)

Tks,
Jeff Bailey

--
At last you cry out in anguish: "Why me?"
God answers: "Why not?"