Re: Glibc 2.3 pre-releases

Jeff,
   Well someone from each arch should run the perl script I wrote
to check for symbols that may require a libgcc-compat to be created
for their arch. We know i386, ia64 and ppc are fine. The rest should
check. To look at the binaries installed on their own machine they
can use the perl script attached to the message...

http://lists.debian.org/debian-glibc/2002/debian-glibc-200209/msg00148.html

If they want to script things to download deb packages, unpack them with
dpkg-deb and scan them in groups to work through all of the archives for
sid, they can use the dpkg-deb version from the message...

http://lists.debian.org/debian-glibc/2002/debian-glibc-200209/msg00164.html

Actually this is a pretty important issue to addressed ASAP as those
arches requiring a libgcc-compat will have to create one and submit it
upstream to Ulrich.
                         Jack