Re: Glibc 2.3 pre-releases

Jeff Bailey wrote:
 > Excellent!  Have you had a chance to try the 2.3 snapshots at all?

Sort of (for SuperH).  For 2.3, we have toolchain dependency.  I think
that it is same for other archs.

In the development of 2.3, TLS (Thread Local Storage) has been
introduced.  It's great feature to C, yup, it's language level
feature, so that programmer can specify "thread local" attribute to
variables.

To use that feature, one of our developpers, Kaz Kojima has been done
the binutils enhancement for SuperH.  IIRC, that one has not yet
integrated to binutils upstream.  I think i386 has no problem.