Re: Glibc on BSD?

Jeff Bailey wrote:
On Sat, Aug 31, 2002 at 10:57:14PM -0400, Nathan Hawkins wrote:
I haven't paid much attention to the BSD port, but I notice that
glibc now includes support for FreeBSD again.  Should I be tooling
glibc up to produce libc1 packages for you?

I've been tinkering with it for a while now. It works, but I've been
having a lot of trouble with /usr/include/sys, trying to get things
to the point where I can build some of the FreeBSD sources for
/sbin.

Okay.  For now I'm assuming you don't want to be part of our
getting-ready-for-2.3 process.  If you do decide that you want to
participate, let me know and I'll get the pieces added to glibc's
control file for you so you can join in our testing.

Hmm. Might as well add to the control file. It looks like freebsd-i386 will probably go with glibc. Do that whenever it's convenient. My testing is probably of limited help to the rest of Debian, since the FreeBSD port of glibc is new, and not really finished.

Hopefully at some point I'll finish untangling /usr/include enough to be able to create some patches for glibc. I need to be able to build some of the BSD sources for /sbin and /usr/sbin, and at present there are a lot of things in the BSD includes that break with glibc.

	---Nathan