Re: debian/patches review

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 03:25:36PM -0800, Jeff Bailey wrote:

 Hi,

> I'm just taking a look at this patch - Is this to work around a
> toolchain bug?

Not a bug, a feature. ;)

> Why is this a problem on m68k and not anywhere else?

Because m68k is one of the very few platforms where there's actually a
difference between -fpic and -fPIC. Another one would be sparc, not sure
how they deal with it, but I guess that they have to compile everything in
glibc with -fPIC anyway since their GOT is even smaller than m68k's when
using -fpic. Anyway, see the gcc info docs (Code Gen Options) for
details.

-Michael