Re: Glibc upload this weekend

Jeff,
   Are you sure the regex leaks are specific to the current glibc cvs
and not in 2.3.1 as well. The way I read things was that these regex
leaks were just being discovered. I haven't seen anyone claim they
were just introduced in the cvs. Speaking of regex...while we are
waiting for the next set of rewrites you might consider this patch...

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2002-10/msg00450.html

It isn't in the cvs but both Ulrich and Isamu have indicated that
anyone wanting the speedup should just add it into their build
manually. Since sed in debian uses the glibc regex and is slowed
down 10 fold by glibc 2.3.x, this 60% speedup should be helpful
until a final fix is checked into the cvs.
                          Jack