pthread_*() functions man pages?

I see that the man pages have been removed for being "way out of date." What I don't understand is, why? Is it not possible to update the man pages to say something along the lines of "These pages are considered out of date. Please use 'info glibc' instead" or even update them? Deleting them just removes a piece of information without replacing it with anything. I know the info files exist, but info is nice for learning about everything about a program/library. Man pages are nice when you already know what you're looking for.
Any thoughts?