Re: [drepper@redhat.com: Re: Option to disable combreloc]

On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 10:35:25AM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> If you can come up with a test case that shows the problem, then we
> both win; and Phil or I or some other poor hacker can use that to fix
> the linker.
>
> On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 09:06:17AM -0500, Jeff Bailey wrote:
> > Ah, but that's a skill I don't have and I haven't seen anyone say "I'll
> > do it!". =) What I do have is a porter who's confirmed that -z combreloc
> > is the cause of the arm failure, and we have a test in glibc that should
> > check for that which doesn't work.  I've added debian-arm to the cc:
> > list to see if there's any folks out there with the skills and the
> > interest in fixing binutils.

Okay, I'll bite: having a working toolchain again would be really nice!
Having me poking in the code would probably do more harm than good, so
I can offer something else: to revive the automatic build system for
the toolchain on armv4l, eg.  http://www.netwinder.org/build/
which has been dead ever since Rebel.com went belly-up.

Would it be helpful to have this working again?  Or would it just
duplicate functionality that already exists elsewhere?

--
Ralph Siemsen
www.netwinder.org