Re: prelink cron script

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 06:47:58PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Jack Howarth wrote:
> >    With the release of prelink and glibc 2.3, we should start thinking
> > about creating a cron script for the prelink package.
>
> What might prelink be?

Prelink is this really neat tool developed by Jakub Jelinek which
optimizes the normal case of shared library loading - it maps the
library at a prefered address, based on the other libraries and
executables on the system, so that the dynamic linker doesn't need to
do as much work.  Does really remarkable things for KDE load times,
etc.

Of course, it needs to be updated when the installed libraries change.

I don't think the tools are even packaged yet...

--
Daniel Jacobowitz