Re: ldconfig miscompile on i386

Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:

> > > What gets set for CFLAGS if we do not set it manually?
> >
> > CFLAGS is left blank in config.make, so I think Makeconfig picks up
> > the default_cflags rules (-g -O2).  I can't really check from work,
> > though.
>
> I don't see how this would affect it then.
Doesn't pickup default CFLAGS for me:

http://buildlogs.pld.org.pl/index.php?idx=1&ok=1&ns=0&cnt=16&off=0&id=42e2f5e8c2a47fb9eed065c00a6ce57b&action=text

See that -march=i386 is there as we are passing it via CFLAGS.

ps. note that I'm using almost vanilla glibc while Debian
maybe contains some Make*-chaning patches
--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz    CS at FoE, Wroclaw University of Technology
arekm@sse.pl   AM2-6BONE, 1024/3DB19BBD, arekm(at)ircnet, PLD/Linux