Re: pthreads version needed

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 12:10:02PM +0100, Richard Jones wrote:

> I've been unable to find the version of pthreads that I need. I've
> looked (iwth objdump) at the prebuilt libc6 package (2.2.5-14.3) and
> also through the glibc sources but it's unclear to me how to
> configure them to get what I need.  In short, I need a version of
> libc6 built to to use the GS segment register to access
> pthread-local storage. I am running debian testing, kernel 2.4.18,
> libc6 version 2.2.5-14.3 on a pentium 3.

If I understand right, you're looking for a TLS-enabled version of
glibc.  Drepper originally had this planned for 2.3, but it wasn't
ready in time so has been disabled by default.

If this is really important to you, you could take the upstream source
and configure it with --enable-tls and work directly with them on
bugs.  This isn't a supported config, so you should expect to have to
do some hacking to get it to work with very little support from anyone

Sorry I don't have better news for you.

--
learning from failures is nice in theory...
but in practice, it sucks :)