Re: libc6 dependency generation

> It seems to me that changing the ABI with every release of the package is
> a bad idea to begin with.  After all, there are some systems using
> binaries that are _not_ debian packages (with all the exact dependencies)
> and it would be nice to have them continue to run even after a upgrade,
> espectially one as apparently minor as 2.2.5-4 to 2.2.5-13.

When the backware ABI changes, that's usually a good thing, because it
means something was fixed.

However, that doesn't make old binaries not work. The change is that
newly compiled binaries will not work on older libc6. That's why we bump
the dep-rev.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/