Re: Status update hppa - glibc 2.2.92 (Problems with __divdi3)

> Carlos,
>     I think you are looking in the wrong place. The libgcc symbols
> in question, that were improperly exported from libgcc, were made
> .hidden at gcc 3.1 and later. So if you were exporting libgcc symbols,
> the binaries built with gcc 3.0 would definitely be impacted when these
> symbols disappear (when glibc is rebuilt with gcc 3.2).

http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=glibc&ver=2.2.5-14&arch=hppa&stamp=1029521031&file=log&as=raw

Noting that glibc on hppa is compiled with gcc-3.0.4 and yet I've not seen
any of the libgcc symbols being exported through libc.so.6.

What I need is a conclusive test to say:
"Yes your libc has leaked those symbols" or
"No your libc did not"

It seem like I'll be building another chroot and recompiling glibc
just to test :)

>     Of course if you have a rescue disk available to fix you machine
> from, you could try the brute force approach. Rebuild glibc 2.2.5
> with gcc 3.2 and install that glibc. If nothing breaks you may
> not have an issue. However you will have to look carefully at things
> like sendmail, etc to see if anything fails to run because of
> the .hidden libgcc symbols in gcc 3.2.

one word, chroot. :)

c.