Re: glibc-package commits

Jeff,
    I just rebuilt glibc 2.2.92-1 from a fresh pull of the
debian glibc-2.3 sandbox (with my ppc-libm-test-ulps.dpatch
added in to fully pass make check). I still am seeing no
problems with ld.so.cache here. Perhaps gotom can check it
on the same arch as you are using to see if he has breakage
in ld.so.cache.
    This leads to one other observation... If anyone has been
building against a glibc, built and installed from the previous
debian glibc 2.2.5-15 cvs, they may want to reinstall any
binaries that they built against it. The glibc2.2.6-nice patch
set the versioning of the nice symbol to GLIBC_2.2.5 which will
cause binaries using it to break under stock glibc 2.2.5 or
glibc 2.2.92. As the glibc2.2.6-nice patch is really
unnecessary now we should take care to make sure it never
makes it back into the debian glibc cvs. And again if you
are having any oddities under glibc 2.2.92 I would make sure
the binaries in question have the nice symbol versioned to
GLIBC_2.0 and not GLIBC_2.2.5.
                            Jack