new-libc6 problems

Hallo maintainers,

since I installed libc6, version 2.2.5-14, last Thursday,
I am bomabarded with messages (and mails), reading

/bin/sh: Symbol `vi_insertion_keymap' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
/bin/sh: Symbol `vi_movement_keymap' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
/bin/sh: Symbol `emacs_standard_keymap' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
/bin/sh: Symbol `emacs_ctlx_keymap' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
/bin/sh: Symbol `emacs_meta_keymap' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking

My questions are: Is there a possibility of relinking without recompiling (I only installed
binaries from the the net using apt-get install), or are there any other ways out of this
annoying, though not desastrous--everything seems to work well--situation?

I use kernel 2.4.16-586 on a 300MHz Pentium II machine.

Greetings,

Vilmar Klemt