Re: how to find symbols needed for libgcc-compat in glibc

   Actually Jakub sent me the following e-mail just
a few moments ago...

On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 08:28:18AM -0400, Jack Howarth wrote:
> Jakub,
>    Can I assume you actually checked all the other
> arches that redhat has shipped a linux for
> (sparc, alpha, etc) for the need for a libgcc-compat?
> Or did you really just look at ia64 only? Also I
> am assuming that intel is okay.

IA-32/Alpha/Sparc (32-bit) should be just fine.
Sparc (64-bit) is not common enough yet and 3.2 is good minimal
compiler for anybody going 64-bits on SPARC.
Don't know about s390/s390x, but no problems have been reported there AFAIK.

        Jakub
In case anyone is interested...
                      Jack