Re: debian/patches review

> string2-pointer-arith.dpatch
> 	2.2 CVS:	not in
> 	2.3 CVS:	not in
> 	Comment:	I tested sample programs (compiled with gcc-2.95, 3.0,
> 			3.1) stated in #45824, #44491, #44697, but I can't
> 			reproduce this problem without this patch.
> 			More test is needed but IMHO it can be removed after
> 			-13.
> 	Status:		remove

This one stays unless upstream merges it. With -Wall or -pedantic (can't
remember which) we get warnings from string2.h.

> db1-addon-enabler.dpatch
> 	2.2 CVS:	not in
> 	2.3 CVS:	not in
> 	Comment:	db1 addon enabling patch. keep applying it.
> 	Status:		keep

Remove this now. We've ditched db1 support, and this patch can go.

> glibc2.2.6-nice.dpatch
> 	2.2 CVS:	-
> 	2.3 CVS:	-
> 	Comment:	It's already commented out. BenC?
> 	Status:		already removed

Remove this.

> sparc64-got-fix.dpatch
> 	2.2 CVS:	-
> 	2.3 CVS:	-
> 	Comment:	It's already commented out. BenC?
> 	Status:		already removed

this one aswell.

> glibc22-m68k-compat.dpatch
> 	2.2 CVS:	not in
> 	2.3 CVS:	not in
> 	Comment:	Should be merged within upstream if it's ok.
> 	Status:		merge

No, this is Debian specific. It's used for compatibility with older
glibc/kernels. Upstream wont merge it, and we can't get rid of it.

> ldd.dpatch
> 	2.2 CVS:	not in
> 	2.3 CVS:	not in
> 	Comment:	it's useful, so we should send to upstream.
> 			I want to know upstream author's opinion.
> 	Status:		merge

Upstrea wont take this either. Mark it debian-specific.

> arm-no-hwcap.dpatch
> 	2.2 CVS:	not in.
> 	2.3 CVS:	not in.
> 	Comment:	This patch only drops (HWCAP_ARM_HALF | HWCAP_ARM_FAST_MULT)
> 			from HWCAP_IMPORTANT.
> 			I couldn't understand why it was dropped. Ben?
> 	Status:		unknown

Arm porters claimed the need for this. Email them for testing.

> glibc22-hppa-pthreads.dpatch
> 	2.2 CVS:	not in
> 	2.3 CVS:	not in
> 	Comment:	? Ben?
> 	Status:		unknown

Require for hppa. Should be merged upstream.

> glibc22-hppa-rela.dpatch
> 	2.2 CVS:	not in
> 	2.3 CVS:	not in
> 	Comment:	? Ben?
> 	Status:		unknown

Same here.

> glibc22-nss-upgrade.dpatch
> 	2.2 CVS:	not in
> 	2.3 CVS:	not in
> 	Comment:	? Ben?
> 	Status:		unknown

This sticks around so that upgrades will be easier to 2.3, etc. Keep it
around, and we'll go over it when the time comes.

> glibc22-ttyname-devfs.dpatch
> 	2.2 CVS:	not in
> 	2.3 CVS:	not in
> 	Comment:	? I don't know it's ok or not.
> 	Status:		unknown

This should be merged upstream, but I'm not sure they'll take it. If
not, mark it debian-specific.

> manual-texinfo4.dpatch
> 	2.2 CVS:	not in
> 	2.3 CVS:	not in
> 	Comment:	I don't know why it's changed... Debian specific ?
> 	Status:		unknown

Debian specific. Our texinfo stuff is different than some others for
some reason (maybe newer?).

> nscd-security-fix.dpatch
> 	2.2 CVS:	not in
> 	2.3 CVS:	not in
> 	Comment:	It seems it's debian specific patch, but IMHO,
> 			we should discussed with upstream author.
> 	Status:		unknown

This is Debian specific. It just defaults nscd.conf to disable host
cache and explains why. Nothing about that needs to go upstream.

> sparc64-fixups.dpatch
> 	2.2 CVS:	not in
> 	2.3 CVS:	not in
> 	Comment:	I don't know about it. Why does elf/ldconfig.c have
> 			architecture specific ifdef? Ben?
> 	Status:		unknown

This patch keeps us from having to add /lib64 and /usr/lib64 to
ld.so.conf. It needs to stay, just mark it Debian specific.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://linux1394.sourceforge.net/