Re: Need to release -13 for unstable real soon

Jeff,
   Speaking of building with gcc-3.1, I don't know if it ever made
it into Ben's glibc cvs, but there is a libgcc-compat patch required
to maintain backward binary compatibility if you rebuild glibc with
gcc > 3.1. I know at least ia64 and ppc suffer this problem and we'll
have to test the other arches for it as well to be sure. The
glibc-2-2-branch of the glibc cvs has the ppc patch but I think the
ia64 fixes for the same issue may only be in mainline. Fortunately
I think the ppc form of the patch can be adapted for any other arches
that need such a fix.
               Jack
ps The issue is discussed in the following threads...

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2002-04/msg00025.html
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2002-05/msg00067.html