ldconfig annoyance

Hi,

ldconfig 2.2.2, as it ships with 'debian unstable' unfortunately
always puts /lib and /usr/lib BEFORE all other paths as specified
in /etc/ld.so.conf. This wasn't the case before. I just checked
an older ldconfig (from the ldso-1.9.11 source) where /lib and
/usr/lib come AFTER the libs specified in /etc/ld.so.conf.

To give you an idea of my problem:
My graphics chip needs a patched version of libsvga, which I
put to /usr/local/lib. As many programs which use libsvga will
be setuid root, LD_LIBRARY_PATH won't be recognized by the dynamic
loader. So I need to have a means to tell the dynamic loader to use
/usr/local/lib BEFORE /usr/lib!

The ideal behaviour would be IMHO:

1) if /lib and /usr/lib are NOT specified in /etc/ld.so.conf:
   put these BEFORE the libs in ld.so.conf, i.e.:

   /lib
   /usr/lib
   ... as specified in /etc/ld.so.conf

2) if /lib and /usr/lib ARE specified in /etc/ld.so.conf:
   don't change anything in the order of ld.so.conf, i.e.,
   if they come at the end in ld.so.conf, search them after
   all other libs:

   /usr/local/lib
   /lib
   /usr/lib