Re: Maple6 crashes with glibc2.2

Michael Thaler <michael.thaler@physik.tu-muenchen.de> writes:

> Is it possible that Maple crashes because libc6 provides a new version
> of ld-linux.so.2? Thats the only lib I cannot change with
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH? I do really need Maple for University and I do not
> want to keep Potato only because of Maple? So do you a way arround
> that? Do you know how I can use Maple with the new glibc2.2? Is there
> any way that Maple uses the old libs and all other programms uses the
> new ones?

ld-linux.so.2 and libc.so.6 etc. need to have *exactly* the same
version, read the glibc FAQ which also shows how to use the new
dynamic linker:
3.18.	After upgrading to glibc 2.1, I receive errors about
	unresolved symbols, like `_dl_initial_searchlist' and can not
	execute any binaries.  What went wrong?

Andreas

P.S. The FAQ comes with glibc and is also available via my homepage.
--
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs aj@suse.de