coredump in wcscasecmp

Hi all,
  I'm maintaining ncpfs, which uses wide character functions and
localization functions together. I now found, that probably updates
done on 2000-02-12 by Ulrich broke something. If I run this
program, I get segfault in towlower() invoked by wcscasecmp() :-(

#include <wchar.h>
#include <iconv.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <locale.h>
void main(void) {
    setlocale(LC_ALL, "");
    printf("%d\n",wcscasecmp(L"[Root]2", L"[Root]"));
}

If I remove
  setlocale(LC_ALL, "");
it will work again, but it is not option for me. I have no LC_* nor
LANGUAGE in environment. If I set LC_ALL to cs_CZ or en_US, it works,
but neither POSIX nor C nor undefined works.
  This problem was observed on Debian Woody system running
glibc-2.1.3-4, which was created from CVS of Feb 17 (last
entry in changelog is correct initialization of class_collection256).
                                    Thanks,
                                            Petr Vandrovec
                                            vandrove@vc.cvut.cz