gconv-modules bugs and libgtk1.2

OK, I'm suddenly being inundated with bug reports on libgtk1.2,
saying that I can no longer depend on gconv-modules, as that
package has been folded into the locales package.

Um, I may be mistaken here, but if a package is folded into another,
shouldn't the new package Provide: the old one?

The only reason libgtk1.2 depends on gconv-modules is because without
it, I was getting tons of bug reports from .fr/.de/you name it users.

Why doesn't locales Provide: gconv-modules now?

Ben

--
Brought to you by the letters B and Z and the number 2.
"Whoa. I know Kung Fu."