Re: New glibc 2.1.92 test packages (i386, powerpc, sparc)

On Sat, 5 Aug 2000, Ben Collins wrote:

> I've compiled test packages based on glibc 2.1.92 release. This is a
> general test set (for generally exprienced developers and port maintainers
> interested in testing it, and for any users who just want to try it[1]).
>
> Add these lines to your apt sources.list:
>
> deb	http://auric.debian.org/%7ebcollins glibc 2.2
> deb-src	http://auric.debian.org/%7ebcollins glibc 2.2
>
> Run apt-get update, then apt-get upgrade. Please let me know *directly*
> (as in not via the BTS) of any Debian specific problems. If you notice
> bugs in glibc itself, please follow the guidelines for submitting bug
> reports to the glibc lists.

I'm scp'ing the Alpha debs for this to my home dir on auric if you'd like
to copy them out of there.  I haven't tested these yet since I can't
upgrade from potato yet and my tape drive is hosed (hence, no backup
ability).  I've signed the packages with my new GPG key which should be in
the keyserver already :-)

It compiled fine, fyi (no errors at all, except for the normal ones from
the FP part of the testsuite -- kernel-related).