Segmentation fault

I have a set of applications which have been ported to Linux. The
code was compiled and linked on a SuSe system running glibc 2.1.2.
This was found to run on earlier SuSe installations and also on Red
Hat.

When an attempt was made to run the aplications on a Debian 2.1
installation the programs crashed whth a segmentation fault. I have
looked at the libc.so.6 on this system and it is much smaller than
that on the SuSe system.

Can anyone explain the difference on the Debian system and how I
could possibly overcome this ?

Simon Haynes - Baydel
Phone : 44 (0) 1372 378811
Email : simon@baydel.com