Re: glibc 2.2 / woody ?

At 19:41 +0200 2000-04-21, Florian Lohoff wrote:
>i am currently in the stage of bootstrapping debian-mips and debian-mipsel.
>
>Both architectures only have a glibc 2.0.6. Andreas Jaeger and Ulf Carlsson
>have fixed binutils and current CVS glibc (2.2) so compile/work
>for mips/mipsel.
>
>What are the plans for Woody and the release for glibc 2.2 - Will glibc 2.2
>be taken into debian early ?

I will make a glibc-experimental (this matches the upstream $RELEASE
variable) source package as soon as I am finished with potato glibc.

>If glibc 2.2 for mips will show some kind of functionality i will start
>building packages against that so it would be nice to have an early
>glibc 2.2 package available for testing purposes ... Is there a package
>or is anyone working on it ?

I will begin working on it soonish.

BTW, I am working on acquiring some MIPS hardware so I can help with libc
issues
--
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)                    Debian GNU/Linux Developer
<URL:mailto:jk@espy.org>                 <URL:mailto:espy@debian.org>