A stable libc6 =>2.1

Dear glibc-team,

I found your address in the info of an old libc6 package.

I have been searching your site for quite some time now, but have only been able to find a stable (only frozen) libc6 => 2.1 package. Since much of the new programs depends on => 2.1, (e.g. WINE, xmms and Blender) I wonder if it is another solution to this problem. (Another way I can get it or when the package will be available...). I know you probably have a lot to do, but I have to have it as quick as possible.

And another thing. How can I install the packages (e.g. libc6, I tried the frozen one without knowing it.), which predepends some other packages, when these packages predepends on the first one (again, libc6) ? Is it any way around, without forcing it ?

Hope for quick reply,

//Torgeir Hoffmann