glibc problem?

Hi.

I'm having major problems getting things to compile these days, and I
think it's glibc's (that is, libc6-dev) fault.  What happens is every
time a Makefile does -I/usr/include, I get a whack of "parse errors"
like this:

/usr/include/bits/string2.h:1171: parse error before `const'
/usr/include/bits/string2.h:1171: parse error before `const'
/usr/include/bits/string2.h:1171: parse error before `)'
/usr/include/bits/string2.h:1171: void value not ignored as it ought to be

This is highly annoying as it means that I have to type the complete
gcc command line every time I want to compile anything.  Kinda takes
the point out of having Makefiles.

So what should I do?  Is it a bug with libc6-dev, or is there a simple
solution that I'm missing?  Is it a bug somewhere else?

Please cc me on the reply.

Thanks,
Chris Gray
cgray4@po-box.mcgill.ca

--
The reason that every major university maintains a department of
mathematics is that it's cheaper than institutionalizing all those people.