odd pthread problem

Hi Joel,

An upstream program I have here links libpthread statically
(because it is quite old). When the program runs, it hangs before
main() starts; gdb shows it calls sigsuspend during the libc init
functions. Linking dynamically to libpthread fixes the problem --
but shouldn't dynamic and static links behave the same?
I can give you the full trace from gdb if this is of interest.

thanks
Hamish