Re: Problems building glibc 2.1.2...

At 11:00 -0400 1999-09-08, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:
Ran into a problem while compiling glibc 2.1.2 on Alpha:

This should be fairly easily solved since there is a frame.o in the
build/alpha-linux/obj/ directory.  It just doesn't seem like it's finding
the file due to a problem in the Makefile.  I'm looking more into it
now...

This is totally my fault, frame.o is a hack introduced by me so that libc gets the __*_frame_info symbols on alpha, even though gcc 2.95 (which introduces DWARF2-based Exception Handling to alpha) can't compile glibc on alpha. My reasoning for this is that other libraries can get those symbols if libc doesn't, and that could cause problems (cf. slink's i386 __register_frame_info problem). The fix is rather simple, just edit $(objdir)/configparms and change frame.o to an absolute path instead of relative, I have this fixed properly in my tree now.
--
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)                    Debian GNU/Linux Developer
<URL:mailto:jk@espy.org>                 <URL:mailto:espy@debian.org>