segfaults in 2.1.1-1[23]

Dear glibc developers and testers,

glibc 2.1 (libc6-2.1.1 12 and 13) segfaults for me in some cases. Here
some details:

I manage some 15 Linux machines, all running Debian slink.
I wanted to prepare some for transition to the 2.2.xx kernel, so I installed
parts of potato.

To get things running I installed a.o. libc6_2.1.1-13.deb (-12 first)
and stubled a segfault from emacs20 in text mode, later in x mode.
Upgrading shared libs ncurses-base_4.2-3.2.deb ncurses-bin_4.2-3.2.deb
xlib6g_3.3.3.1-9.deb and emacs20_20.3-9.deb solved the problem.

Lateron we found a simple program of the icce itself that segfaulted,
but that could have been caused by our own library, which my collegue did not
dive into yet.

Tomorrow, however, I stumbled across a more serious segfault: deliver.
Deliver delivers local mail handed to it by sendmail (or another MTA).

Test yourself: yust type

     deliver

and you het the normal usage plus a segfault. Message delivery is ok for now,
except for lare messages which are being delivered again and again until you
clean the queue by hand.

Frankly, I have no idea where to look, but since deliver only needs
libc6 and the loader, libc6 is suspect.

Here is a list of packages I installed on top of the slink systems:

    apt_0.3.11.deb
    deliver_2.1.13-2.1.deb
    emacs20-el_20.3-9.deb
    emacs20_20.3-9.deb
    ldso_1.9.11-2.deb
    libc6_2.1.1-13.deb
    libncurses4_4.2-3.2.deb
    libstdc++2.9-glibc2.1_2.91.66-2.deb
    lsof-2.2_4.43-1.deb
    ncurses-base_4.2-3.2.deb
    ncurses-bin_4.2-3.2.deb
    netbase_3.12-2_i386.deb
    sysutils_1.3.4.deb
    xlib6g_3.3.3.1-9.deb

ldso is not installed from potato except as a test to see if it fixed the
segfaults. It didn't.

I'm always willing to test, compile or whatever else to fix this (or other
problem).

Please reply to me personally, as I'm not on the list.
Don't post a long message, since deliver will segfault then!

Thanks,

--
Piet W. Plomp, Groningen University, NL           |     ---   __ o    __~o
piet@icce.rug.nl, piet@idefix.icce.rug.nl         |  ----    _`\<,   _`\<,